Thursday, December 12, 2013

Need a little help.

So... Since around the Summer, my sweet loveable little angel has changed. 

She no longer wants to do ANYTHING she is asked to do. 

Ask her to hug someone goodbye? NO WAY. 
Ask her if she wants to eat so and so. "No, I don't like that."

She says that for EVERYTHING. Things that I KNOW she likes. 

My question is... How do I explain to her that you can't do that? 
Prime example: We went to the mall yesterday to see Santa and my sister took her kids and Hazel to get a cookie afterwards and an icee. My sister asked Hazel over and over if she wanted a cookie since everyone else was getting one and Hazel said "no, I don't want one." Then when it was time for everyone to eat their cookies she suddenly was so mad that she didn't have one! 

So frustrating. I need some advice because I am baffled by what to do. 

She is also going through a phase where she doesn't love anyone except me and her dad. She doesn't want to be around anyone and she's down right mean to some family members and it's really hurting their feelings. I have explained to her that we have to be sweet to everyone, especially our family. It's getting a little better but I am starting to wonder if it is only my child? Do other children do this? People she has grown up around and loved her whole life she suddenly wants nothing to do with them. This all started over the summer, I was pregnant but hadn't had Elouise yet.

I just need help. I feel like a failure as a parent because there is only so much discipline I can do. I feel like I don't know what else to do. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Andrew is JUST like this. Obviously he is older so he knows if you say no it means no. and your consequence is not having the benefit of whatever Yes was. I wish I had advice for you because I know exactly how frustrated you are. New baby and all that is definitely a good reason for it. You might try playing with barbies or dolls and roll playing the correct behavior in pretend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! Mackenzie has recently stopped listening to us and it's so frustrating. I know it's because she's 2.5 and her world just changed by us bring home Ethan. But it's still hard especially if you add in the random tantrums.
    I'm sorry I don't have advise for you because I don't even know what to do with my child. :)

    ReplyDelete