Monday, February 18, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans



So my weekend was pretty a good one! 
On Friday, I always meet Jonathan at the gym. We did Body Pump followed by CX Worx. Cx is a 30- minute core class. It's awesome and I really recommend a core class. It really makes you stronger in all your other work outs. Plus it kills your abs-so-good. After the gym we went to the Peach Mac store where I finally got a new phone :). I actually got the exact same phone I had (iPhone 4s). I'm not impressed enough with the 5 to shell out that extra cash. As long as I have Siri then I'm good. (Side note: I had a couple of you wonderful ladies numbers and I lost all my contacts so email me kellyannescott10@gmail.com with those digits, girllll)
After we got my phone we headed to Five Guys for our "cheat meal." I had been craving red meat! Since I've been counting my calories I've mainly been eating chicken and fish. So we went there. Oh my heavens, it was the best cheeseburger ever. I told Jonathan that I savored it so much more than I used to because I knew it was a treat. It was so yummy and it really wasn't THAT bad in calories. I mean it was a lot... but not as bad as it could have been. 

After we ate we went home and Hazel went to sleep. We watched Sherlock Holmes. The T.V. show... it's on Netflix... it's a British show and I'm addicted! 

Saturday morning we slept in till 8 (which Hazel did all weekend... hopefully it's a new trend?)
The plan was to get up and go to RPM on Saturday but when my alarm went off at 6:30, I rolled over and went back to sleep. So we got up and ate breakfast then headed to the gym. I was totally not feeling it but Jonathan talked me into it. So I went and jumped on the treadmill and busted out 5 miles. 
I was only planning on doing a 5K but my music was right and I was feeling great! I haven't felt great while running in a while. I really think that strength training and RPM are helping in my running too. It was awesome to not be dying on the treadmill. The last 17 minutes of the run I did intervals. I would sprint for 30-45 seconds and then jog for 1 minute. It got my heart pumping and I burned a ton of calories during that time. 

Then I went on the stair master for 10 minutes. I only did level 4 but it still kicked my butt.
After the gym we went home to try to get Hazel to nap before the Monster Truck Jam that night. It was my nephews 8th birthday and he wanted to go.  So we packed up and drove to the Georgia Dome. It turns out that there was also other things going on downtown. We sat in traffic for 2 hours. It was awful but we finally got there and the monster trucks were actually really fun! Holy rednecks.  All the boys in the family were betting on the races which I'm sure is illegal. Anyway, because we were in traffic we didn't get to eat dinner beforehand like planned so we had to eat at the dome. NO healthy options so I ended up getting a personal pan pizza. 
My eating was not as good as it could have been this weekend and today I feel like a cow. 

On Sunday we did the normal. Church at 11 and then back again for volunteering at 6.
Then I read till I feel asleep. Perfect night. 



So the whole weekend I did really well eating wise for breakfast and lunch but then by dinner time I ate like crap. I need more self control but I'm not letting it get me down. I'm about to head to Body Step and I'm going to "start over" today. 

How was your weekend?





8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend. So happy you got your phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a new phone! We love Monster Jam, it's the universal red neck past time. You look gorgeous in that pink shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good weekend for you - Good weekend for me. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five Guys makes me happy. lol I love their burgers but we don't eat there often because of the price.
    You know I have never been to Monster Jam, I'll go one year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omgosh Five Guys is one of my guilty pleasures for sure! I haven't had it in so long :) Good for you for doing so many great workouts.. I need to get off my booty :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the link up...Congrats on all the working out! I love working out and my husband and I go to an intense bootcamp once a week together. It's so hard but feels great afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited that you got a new phone! We need to swap digits because last night when I was watching Biggest Loser, I so wanted to text you and talk about it! :)

    ReplyDelete