Monday, December 10, 2012

I've been nominated!




FOR AN AWARD!! The Liebster Award! I feel like the Grinch when he gets nominated for to be Holiday Cheermister!
And the child mentioned a check?
Who thinks I've been watching too many Christmas movies?
Me too.

Okay anyway. I had no idea what this meant so naturally I googled it... Basically I'm just awesome and have less than 200 followers. I got nominated by 2 people! 


Lindsey from The Real Nancy Clue and Meredith from Is this thing on?Both of these ladies are amazing and I read their blogs daily. You should too.


 In order to accept the award there are a few rules you must follow

The Rules:
1. You must thank the person who nominated you for the award.
2. You must write eleven facts/things/tidbits about yourself.
3.You must answer eleven questions that were given to you from your nominator.
4.You must nominate eleven other bloggers who have 200 or less followers and tag them in your acceptance post.
5. You must create eleven new questions for your nominees to answer in their acceptance post.
6. You must notify your eleven nominees on their blog, so they can accept their award and pay it forward.
7. You must not nominate the person who nominated you.
8. After all of this is done, you may add the Liebster Award Button to your blog. 

So here are the 11 random things about me:

1. I wash my hands about 30 times a day. I am a big freak. It's not even about the germs but more about the smell. I can't stand stinky hands.
2. I have run a half marathon.
3. I have a miniature dachshund who I have a slight obsession with.
4. I am the youngest of 4 children.
5. I want to move to New Zealand. Not even joking. I have frequent dreams about it.
6. I have never been out of the country.
7. I used to drive a stick-shift car and the next car I buy will be a stick. I love it!
8. I am only 23 years old.
9. I hate eating breakfast in the morning (or any other types of food. I have to force myself to eat when I wake up)... but I love breakfast for dinner.
10. I love vacuuming but hate sweeping. 
11. I got a nose ring about 3 months ago and I love it. It makes me feel like a rock-star.

If you just really want to know more things about me you can read my post 100 Things About Me. And yeah I just copied some of these things from there. 


My questions from Lindsey (Nancy). Thanks hooks

1. What was your first concert?      My friend concert was a Backstreet Boys concert. I can't remember how old I was but I went with Tory Holland and her mom and it was SO fun!
2. If you were on Death Row, what would be your last meal before you were executed?      My last meal would be a BIG steak- medium rare, with my Noni's mashed potatoes, my mom's black eyed peas, Red Lobster rolls, salad from Olive Garden, cheesecake with chocolate sauce from Maggianos, chocolate fudge from May-field's in Covington and a teriyaki chicken sandwich from Little Philly's in Covington. (fat girl problems)
3. If you could invite three people (living or dead) to dinner, who would you choose?     Jonathan's mom. She was such a sweet lady and I so enjoyed getting to know her but our time was cut short. I only knew her 2 years before she died and she never got to meet Hazel or see Jonathan and I get married. She would have been a great grandmother and mother-in-law and I'm so sad that she never got to be those things.      
Ellen Degeneres. No explanation needed. I want to be just like her.     
Paula Deen. She needs to cook our dinner. And I want to meet her. I hope she's as nice as she appears.
4. What was your most favorite day ever?     The day Hazel was born. Might be cliche but it was just the perfect day. She is the light of my life and I am so thankful for her!
 5. What is one thing you'd like to do before you die?     Go whale watching! I really, really, really want to do this. 
6. What was your first car? Nissian Maxima. It was black
7. What is your ultimate dream vacation destination? I want to go to New Zealand and scuba dive. I love scuba diving and it's been way too long since I've gone. 
8.What is your most embarrassing moment?  I honestly can't think of an embarrassing moment. I know there has been a ton of them but I'm the type of person who laughs at myself (often) and I usually don't get embarrassed very often. I guess telling my family and Jonathan's family that I was pregnant. Now they knew we did it.. haha
9. Who is your celebrity free pass?     I have a few. So I'll list some. Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Larry Fitzgerald (From The Cardinals), Snoop Dog (stop judging me...), Whoever is going to play Christian Grey. haha
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?  I have a few but I guess it would be running off the road, smacking (my husband does this often), and stinky hands. 
11. How old were you when you lost your virginity? (You didn't think you were getting off that easy, did you?)      Oh my goodness. Let's hope no one reads this. I was 16. Hindsight is 20/20. I wish I had waited till I got married. It would have made my wedding night that much more special... but oh well. I didn't I was young and thought I was in love. Stupid 16 year old me. (Also, I had daddy issues. My parents got divorced when I was 14 so I was classically looking for the male influence in my life.) 

My questions from Meredith: (Thanks girlfriend) 

1. What is your favorite everyday-wear outfit?
I wear either sweats, yoga pants, or running shorts and a t-shirt most days unless I go somewhere. If I am going somewhere its usually just blue jeans and a t-shirt
2. Exercise of choice?
My answer would normally be running but recently I am really into RPM (Spin class)
3. Favorite non-alcoholic beverage?

Water. It used to be Diet Coke up I gave that up and usually drink water
4. Favorite beauty product?

I love Mac. I use Studio Fix for my face. It's like foundation and powder mixed. It is amazing.
5. How many kids do you want?

I want 3. But if the next one is a boy I think I'll be okay with 2. We'll have to see after the next one comes :)
6. Favorite time of the year and why?

Fall/ Winter. I love when the weather cools off and I don't sweat as soon as I walk outside. I also love bonfires, football parties, and Christmas. 
7. Favorite meal to cook?

I love to cook so this is a hard one for me! I love things that take time and steps (I'm the opposite of  most people) but I think food tastes better if it takes time, love, and energy to prepare it.
8. Favorite restaurant and what you get there?

This is a tie. I love Tokyo in Covington. I get teriyaki chicken and rice. And Little Philly's in Covington and I get the terayaki chicken sandwich with no onions or peppers with extra sauce.
9. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

If I am going somewhere then about 45 minutes to an hour. If I don't have to shower/ put on make up then I just put my hair up and go.
10. How do you take your coffee?

I like half and half and sugar!
11. Favorite movie? 

This is a hard one. I love movies. I'd say any Disney Princess movie. I love the old ones. Or Gone With The Wind.


My questions from Erin at Happily Ever After (& then some)

1.  What is your favorite holiday?
I love all the fall holidays! Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas! I have my favorite childhood memories from these.
2. What is your favorite food?
Man, this is a hard question. I love food. I would have to say a big, BIG steak with herb butter ontop
3. What is your favorite memory that includes alcohol?
My wedding day! It was a blast celebrating with all our friends and enjoying our love
4. Favorite memory without alcohol?
The birth of my daughter, Hazel. She is the light of my life. I don't know what I'd do without her
5.  How long have you been with your significant other?
We started dating in February of 2008. So almost 5 years. We've been married 2 years this past September
6. Where did you meet them?
I met him at a party in college. Totally cliche but we partied our little hineys off (or at least I did... he didn't drink that night) and then the next day I added him on facebook and the rest is history :)
7.  What would be the first thing you bought if you hit the lotto tonight?
A car for myself. We have 1 great car and my car sucks. (Jonathan drives the good car to work because I don't think mine would last in traffic). 
8.  What is your dream car?
This is going to be so dumb but I really, really want a 2012 Honda Odyssey  I just think they are the coolest cars inside and it has a ton of room.
9.  Where would be your dream place to live?
New Zealand. I want to move there like woah.
10.  If you could get plastic surgery today, what would you get?
Boob job. I plan to get one after I am done having kids. Nothing obnoxious. Just a lift and fill :)
11.  Where's your favorite place on earth?
I really love the beach. Jonathan and I have never taken a vacation with just us (and Hazel) so I really, really want to do that this year. I want to go to Bora Bora


My nominee's are: 
1. Melanie at 4 Kottez
2. Allyson at Alphabet Soup
3. Ana at  Caffeine and Cocktails
4. Tina at Life Behind the Baby Gate
5. Ashley at Living My Dash 
6. Ally at News from Ft. Bradley
7. Katie at Once Upon a Dime\
8.Sarah at  Our Journey
9. Becca at The Moss Family
10. Amy at The Story of Us 
11. Kate at When Does Mommy Get a Nap


My 11 questions for my nominee's
1. What's your favorite holiday?
2. How many, if any, siblings do you have?
3. What's your favorite place to eat out?
4. What's your favorite website?
5. What's your favorite gift you have ever received?
6. What household chore do you hate the most?
7. What's your favorite book?
8. What's the best thing you have ever purchased for yourself?
9. What's your favorite guilty-pleasure show?
10. How old were you when you got married and had kids?
11. If I gave you $1,000 what would you spend it on?


Have fun ladies :) 

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Hahaha... This was so great! Thanks for indulging my curiosity! Loved your embarrassing moment and your death row last meal sounded incredible. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. I know. I was like what are all of my favorite things. I would die FAT AND HAPPY! Perfect :)

      Delete
  2. haha! you can now refer to me as Holiday Cheermeister at all times :)))

    ReplyDelete