Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My second attempt at spin class

Well attempt number 2 was way better than attempt number 1!

Probably because since my first attempt was when I first starting working out. Over a year and a half ago, when Hazel was but a wee 1 year old. (Yes it took me a whole year to start working out and losing the baby weight... stop judging me.) Back then my goal was the run a half of a mile without stopping, it was doing yoga and then going home and pigging out on whatever I wanted, & lets be honest it was an accomplishment to just get Hazel and I out the door and to the gym without her having a melt down. Thankfully we have both come a long way. She LOVES the gym (although yesterday she did cry because she couldn't bring her cookies into the play area). But she got over the crying very soon and then grabbed a guitar to teach all her "friends" to "rock-n-roll." My daughter is the coolest. 

Well we got there at 6, thinking the class started at 6:15, when in fact it started at 6:30 so we looked like big goobers sitting there for 30 minutes. But the instructor, Sam, came in and helped me set up my bike and make sure I was as comfortable as I could be while having the seat crammed up my butt comfortable. So then she started talking.... She just got married, she's still in college, she wants a baby DESPERATELY (join the club) and she is very in love with biking. Let's just say when the class started her legs were pumping harder than I could ever bike in my life. But she was the type of instructor who screamed and yelled and made me keep my butt of the seat. I love motivating instructors who yell "DO NOT SIT YOUR BUTT DOWN... ONLY 7 MORE SECONDS." She just kicked ass. She was awesome and I am looking forward to the next class... Did that really just come out of my mouth? Yuck.  

So after that we went home and I cooked a quick dinner while Jonathan gave Hazel a bath and after that Jonathan put Hazel to bed and then we watched The Voice. I know we are so exciting that you are like "man, I wish I had her life." Yeah.... don't be too jealous. I wouldn't have it any other way. 


Until Next Time I will be nursing my sore butt.
Mrs. K Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment