Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pumpkin Fever

What is it about October that makes me think, I MUST EAT ALL THINGS PUMPKIN?




I feel like I can't get enough of the heaven in a can! H and I made a pumpkin pie on October 1st and I have to admit that it is already gone.





 Yes, I know its October 3rd. DON'T JUDGE ME! Before you start thinking that I ate the whole pie, I know that H ate at least 2 pieces, Jonathan ate who knows how much, and my mom had a sliver piece last night. I don't know about you but I've never found a Pumpkin Pie recipe as full proof and unbelievably delicious as the one on the back of the Libby Pureed Pumpkin can. It is seriously the best pie I've ever tasted, let alone made! Just look at this beautiful pie!

(Stop judging me on the amount of Cool Whip)




 And of course when I was buying the stuff for the first pumpkin pie, I had to buy 2 cans of pumpkin puree. So now I have a can taunting me and making me make something delicious. Its no wonder I gain so much weight during the holidays! If I eat a pumpkin pie every 2 days, how much weight do you think I'll gain by January?  Well, I am justifying my obsession with pumpkin flavored anything by saying that this time of year only happens once a year. I can indulge once a year for 3 months  right? Anyway, in addition to my pie, and the other can of pumpkin, I also got the Pumpkin Spice flavored coffee creamer and let me just say I am disappointed. I was thinking  "pumpkin pie + coffee = heaven"! Well, unfortunately, it smells great but I am underwhelmed by the amount of pumpkin flavor. Maybe for people who aren't bat shit crazy about pumpkin then it is enough but I gotta admit, I have thought of opening the can of pumpkin and stirring some in there. I don't think I'll ever do it (just because if its disgusting then I wasted something that could have been delicious.)

She may have caught the pumpkin fever. 

I can't wait to go to the Pumpkin Patch! She is going to be so excited!! Also, this Saturday we are having a fun fall filled day (say that 5 times fast!) We are going to the Pumpkin Festival with my mom and then that afternoon we're going to Stone Mountain with a couple friends and they are having a Pumpkin Patch there too. Let's hope H decides to be on her best behavior!! 
Unlike in this picture

Until Next Time
Mrs. K. Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment