Monday, September 10, 2012

Consistency

So, as most of you remember, I was doing the Couch to 10K program but I was doubling & tripling the distance. I was staying on course, it was challenging and I loved it. Well then came the week where I jumped from running 8 minutes to running to running 22 minutes without stopping to walk.

That was 1 month ago.

I couldn't do it. I barely ran 15 minutes and I was dying and had to walk. Yesterday, I ran for 1 hour and 6 minutes. No walking. No water. I ran the entire 6 miles. And I was tired, but I wasn't dying like I was during those 15 minutes one month ago.

I can't believe I did it. I still need to lose 25 more pounds, imagine how far I'll be able to run when I am 25 pounds lighter? In January I was 22 pounds heavier than I am now and I could barely run a mile back then. I can't wait for what my future holds. It's going to be amazing. I hope it takes me less than another 9 months to lose these last 25 pounds, but even it takes a year I will know that I have done it the right way, and I will never go back.


Also, Saturday we ran a family 5K! It was so fun to run with all my brothers and sister and J and I had our fastest time yet during a race. And we ran the entire way. It is exhilarating knowing that I can run farther than I used to imagine. Also, after this particular 5K they do a raffle and J won the new iPad!!!!!!  We couldn't even believe it! So now we get to enjoy a new iPad!!! :) 
(My brother-in-law, the one smiling so big in the back is pulling my hair and making me look silly)

Sweet cousins 


Until Next Time
-Mrs. K. Scott




No comments:

Post a Comment