Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Stopping The Torture



I have been weighing myself every morning as soon as I wake up. I have to stop doing this. Although I've still being doing my runs and keeping up with the program regardless of what the scale says, it still messes up my head. I am the type of person who expects results immediately. I know I shouldn't be this way but I am. I wake up each morning and expect to see -5 pounds. Unrealistic? Yes! So instead of getting excited that I lost .6 pounds (or however much I lost that day) I am still disappointed that the number doesn't read my goal weight. SO silly of me I know, but its how I feel. So instead of continuing this torture of my mind I have decided I am only going to weigh myself once a week! Maybe then I'll be excited when the scale has a big number! :) I know that weight loss takes time and all that crap- so I'm going to try this and see how it goes :) I have decided that I will weigh myself each Friday. So I will do a Friday post each week with my progress!



Also I know that the scale is a liar. I can see and feel a BIG difference in my stomach and how my clothes fit! My ultimate goal is to feel GREAT in ANY outfit I chose! I am sick of trying to cover up my love handles and stomach and arms. I want to be able to wear whatever I want and feel amazing in it.  I am starting to feel better in my clothes so I KNOW what I'm doing is right and that I am making progress. Even if the scale is stuck. I wish I would have measured myself before starting this whole thing so I can see how many inches I've lost. But all I know is my pants fit A LOT better and even have some wiggle room and for that I am grateful.




Off to run 4.5 miles today!

Until Next Time
Mrs. K. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment