Monday, June 25, 2012

Welcome to the Terrible Two's??

Ever since Hazel was 7 months old, she has slept through the night. She would go to bed easily and quickly at 9 and stay asleep till around 8ish the next morning. She would take a 2-3 hour afternoon nap. It was WONDERFUL. Now, she is like a different child.  She no longer naps- making my days incredibly long and when it comes to bed time it takes 30 to a hour of rocking/consoling/ singing for her to finally fall asleep. I am so incredibly blessed to have my husband, without him I surely would lose my mind. We have been taking turns during this night-mare of trying to get her to sleep. All she wants to do is sleep with us but we decided when she was born that she would sleep in her own bed and that is very important to both J and I. The easy thing to do would be just to let her sleep with us, which we have done in exhaustion a couple times since she was born. I know she is in pain from her teeth- I just pray they cut through soon. I don't know how many more sleepless nights I can take. 

So lately she hasn't been going to bed till around 9:45-10ish and then she usually wakes up at least once in the middle of the night, and then she wakes up at 7 for the day. Compared to my old, sleeping baby- this is exhausting. I have no energy to get things done and I don't have my normal nap time to clean up and be able to relax... It is a constant mess in my house and I am starting to get very frustrated.

Along with the no sleeping thing, H has learned to push chairs up to the counter and climb on them and get into EVERYTHING. She has always been a very active baby and has ALWAYS gotten into everything. Its amazing how with her it doesn't matter how many times I spank or discipline her- nothing changes. It is frustrating beyond belief when people (who I'm not asking for their advice) give me advice about what to do with her. I have tried everything (spanking, time-out, her helping me clean whatever mess up, talking to her about the mess) and NOTHING works. She cries for about 5 minutes and then as soon as I am out of sight she is into something else, making a huge mess which is incredibly stressful. It also makes me feel like a bad mom. I wish just spanking her or a simple time-out would work.... but it doesn't with her for some reason. Like the dog water bowl for example, ever since she could crawl she has been in it (playing in it, dumping it out) and she has since she could crawl she has gotten a spanking for this and she continues to do it every chance she gets. What am I supposed to do? I can't not give Callie water or food- and she is too old now to try to train her to only have it at certain times. It is one of the frustrations that  people who aren't stay-at-home moms (or dads) don't understand. It is a constant battle to try to keep my house semi-clean... J and I straighten up after H goes to bed every night and in the morning you can't even tell that I've cleaned in the past year. Maybe not all parents have this problem with their children but I feel like I never get a break from cleaning. It is a constant battle between her and I. Another thing that drives me crazy is people say "you really need to teach her that that is not okay..." I want to say what the heck do you think I've been trying to do the past 2 years?? I promise I have not been sitting on my butt letting her do whatever she wants and then just cleaning it up without disciplining her.

Now, I don't want anyone to think that I don't love my child with all of my heart. I truly am incredibly blessed with such an adventurous, care-free child. I hope she never loses that side of her. She is the funniest kid I have ever been around. She is constantly trying to make whoever is around her laugh. I swear one day she'll be a comedian. She will do anything to get a laugh. I am SO proud of her and want everyone in the world to know what an amazing child she is.She loves every kind of animal, not matter how gross. And she has NO fear of anything (good and bad thing).

 Sometimes mama's got to vent about her craziness! 

So venting was really what I made this blog for and I sure have done enough of it during this post :) thanks for listening to my rants. I feel 100% better and now I'm going to go clean up whatever mess she has made since I've been writing this, shower and get ready for my honey to get home. He always seems to make my stress disappear. I sure do love that man!

Until Next Time
-Mrs. K. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment