Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Day Today!

So this morning was one for the books. Not only did H wake up at 5:50 making my whole day start 3 hours earlier than normal, but she also has CRAZY all morning. I have already explained how she has always been the type of child who gets into everything. Well this morning I was running around the house trying to straighten up/ look for my heart rate monitor... I searched the whole house for this stupid thing and was running around and was sweating before I even left for my run. Anyway... I come downstairs and H is sitting on the carpet- COVERED in white paint. Not only was she covered in this paint, but so was the carpet that we just cleaned. To say I was frustrated is the understatement of the century, I was way beyond frustrated. So I quickly cleaned her and the carpet up and gathered everything I needed and went for a run. On the way, I had to stop and put air in my jogging stroller tires which I always hate doing. Ever been in such a bad mood that EVERY song/ talk show host/ noise on the radio makes you angry? Yeah... I was THAT aggravated. I almost turned around about 5 times on the way to the walking trail. Well, anyway, I got there and started running and I felt GREAT. I didn't have a heart rate monitor or ipod. It was just me and the nature. I totally zoned out and it was completely what I needed. I listened to the birds and other creatures making their morning noises and completely forgot about how silly my problems are. H fell asleep in the stroller (well, duh! she woke up at 5:50) so she was an angel for the first 5 miles. That last mile she was SCREAMING in her stroller but I had my endorphin's pumping and I didn't even care. I just let her little hiney cry until I was done running. I got some strange looks and some grandmothers/mothers were giving me the "I've totally been there" look.... But I didn't care what anyone else thought. I was going to finish my 6 miles and I did it with a smile on my face, despite my child screaming. I then finished it up with 60 lunges.... My legs are like jello and I feel fabulous. So what started out to be one of the worst mornings ever has turned out to be not such a bad day after all. Now I have to make lunch for H and I, do the dishes, make a cake for small group, and do the laundry.... No Rest For The Weary Mommy indeed.....

Until Next Time
-Mrs. K. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment