Sunday, March 18, 2012

I did it!!

I achieved my goal of finishing a half marathon. I am so so so happy I did it! One of the biggest accomplishments I've done this far into my life and I am so thankful to have done it. And I just have to say that I have the best friends ever, who woke up before 7 the day after St. Patrick's Day in order to come cheer me on!!! Thank you SO much Katherine, Aimee, Bryan, & my sweet husband, Jonathan for battling traffic and for taking a whole morning out of your busy weekend schedules just for me! And thank you to everyone who helped support me along the way, especially my sister, Katie, who inspired me to start running in the first place! I had WAY too many doubts and I am so thankful for encouraging and up-lifting friends and family, especially Hannah & Bailey! I could always text either of you when i was having my doubts and you guys knew just what to say!

I finished running 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 47 minutes! That is a GREAT time in my eyes! My knee really starting hurting at mile 9 & I think I pulled something :( its not feeling good at all right now & my husband just ran to the store to get things to hopefully help it!

I just can finally take a deep breath and relax at the fact that I don't have to run tomorrow!!! That is a great feeling! Haha I'm sure I'm going to be itching to get back out there in a week and I cannot wait until The Color Run Atlanta in 2 weeks- but for now I want to relax. Anyone who has ever ran the Publix marathon or half marathon told me how incredibly hilly the course is and man, they were NOT exaggerating! It was the single most hilliest course I have ever run and I am VERY proud of my time! My average mile was 13 minutes and I think that is great! I can't wait to do another one :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment