Monday, January 23, 2012

Super delicious green smoothie

Ok so I am NOT a morning eater at all! I hate it & have to force myself to eat because I just am not hungry in the morning. I've read everywhere that it is vital to weight loss to eat first thing in the morning so I've been researching green smoothies to really jump start my metabolism & get some veggies & fruit into my diet first thing in the morning! I've tried green smoothies before & have always hated them but I finally made something that was so yummy even H drank some & she kept calling it "canny (aka candy)". So if a 21 month old thinks is delicious then you know it's good!

Ok here's what you'll need:

This is for 2 servings

1 cup of kale
2 cups of spinach leaves
1 Banana: (I like to cut them up & freeze them- makes your drink cold too!)
1 Granny smith apple (or any flavor but I think the granny smith gives it tartness to hide the kale & spinach flavor
1 light yogurt- any flavor you like
About a cup or more 100% juice (any flavor) with no sugar added

So the whole blender which makes 2 big cups is about $3-$5... Which is pretty awesome! For a healthy, filling & delicious smoothie!

Ok so I just chopped the kale up into bite sized pieces just so it would blend completely. Then put in the cored & diced apple (leave the skin on) put in the yogurt, banana, spinach, & juice. Blend that up all the way!! I can't stand bits of anything in my smoothie so I blended it super fine & add juice as needed. I like my green smoothie a little thin just do its easier to drink. It's seriously delicious, healthy & a great way to start your day! It gives you such an energy boost!

Until next time-
Mrs. K Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment