Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Its official!

I have OFFICIALLY lost some baby weight!! YAHOOOOOO!!!! Seriously guys I have been struggling with this weight since Hazel was born almost 2 years ago. My body just wouldn't let go of the weight no matter how hard I tried & dieted & worked out. So I would give up after a week or 2 of no results. Well NOT anymore. Since Thanksgiving I have lost 15 lbs people!!! Granted after hazel was born I put on 12 lbs but that doesn't matter anymore. When I had Hazel I was 233. I am now 230.4. The ONLY reason I am posting how much I weigh is because I KNOW that next week it will be smaller. I will NEVER again be 230.4 but for now I am thrilled about it because I am FINALLY smaller than when I had Hazel!

Now a little about my back story. I was always told that "as long as you breast feed you will lose weight & you need to make sure you eat enough because if you don't you will dry up & won't be able to produce milk." Well you know what? that's bull crap. Or maybe not and I probably (definitely) used it as an excuse to shove everything into my mouth. I am the opposite of most mothers. I only gained 30 pounds when I was pregnant (Hazel weighed 9 of those pounds) but after she was born (when most ladies lose weight) is when I packed it on. Ugh. I promise you my next pregnancy will be completely different. I am not gonna use it as an excuse to shove my face all day long. Losing this weight has been one of the biggest struggles of my life & I do NOT want to have to do this again. I know that I have only lost 3 pounds of baby weight but y'all don't even understand how long I have waited to see a number smaller than 233. Finally!!! I KNOW that I can lose the weight. Now here's to 40 more! :) my new mini goal is to lose 20 pounds by my half marathon on March 18. That's 2 months. That's 10 pounds / month! woo hoo I can totally do that! Another mini goal is to drink at least a gallon of water a day. That's only 4 Nalgene bottles full. I have been doing this during the week for a while now but it always seems like the weekend I just can't drink as much. I find that drinking barely cold water with no ice is the best for me because I can drink it fast & not get brain freeze. Do you want to join me in any of my mini goals? I would love to have some support & company with this! Today for my exercise I am doing level 1 of Jillian & running for an hour!

Until next time-
Mrs. K Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment