Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Life with two 20 month olds

So today is my first day watching one of H's friends. I'll be watching him 3 days a week & I am so so so happy. Since H was born I have been wanting to keep another baby & to contribute to the family funds! Being a stay at home mom is one of the best jobs out there... But there is no pay- (the only downside) Being a single income family has been challenging & what better time to get some extra money then around Christmas time!! It's very rewarding to make your own money. Staying home with my baby/future babies is something that I am very passionate about & being able to make some money while staying home with these 2 babies is the best. Plus they LOVE each other & have so much fun playing with each other. It's a win all around.

Now that I'm gonna be keeping him 3 days my workout schedule is gonna change. On the days I'm keeping him I'm gonna get up at 7:30 & do my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. If you haven't gotten that DVD yet then what are you waiting on? All you need is weights (I suggest starting with 2 pounds/arm & then bumping it up to 5 when you're ready). It's only a little over 20 minutes long & seriously y'all it is an intense 20 minutes! But the fact that is such a short workout is my favorite part. This isn't like just walking or even jogging for 20 minutes. Your ENTIRE body is worked & you will feel phenomenal when it's over. How it works: you do 2 minute warm up & then 3 circuits. Each circuit you do 3 minutes of strength- 2 minutes of cardio & 1 minute of abs. Seriously your entire body. Just go buy it $10 at Wal-Mart. No excuses.
& then on the days I'm not keeping him I will run 2-4 miles while pushing H & do my DVD during nap time. Rest days are on Saturday & Sunday's are my long run(5+ miles). Half marathon here I come!

Now onto a recipe! This is one of our favorites. It's Baked Chicken Parmesan ... A lighter (& quicker) version of one of our favorite italian meals. I actually got this recipe off Pinterest so if you follow me it's under my "recipes" board. Not sure of who wrote it but I am in no way taking credit for this one! Ok here's what you need:

- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
-hot red pepper flakes, to taste
-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts- cut into bite sized pieces (more if you like it more chicken-y)
2 cups marinara sauce (or more depending on how saucy you like it)
1/4 cup chopped basil
8 oz mozzarella, shredded
4 oz Parmesan, grated
1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons

- all you do is put the olive oil in a baking dish with mix in the garlic & make sure you cost the bottom of the pan & then sprinkle in the red pepper flakes- I usually only do a shake or 2 but we don't like it super spicy. Then spread the chicken out evenly & make sure it's one layer... Then pour sauce on top & spread over all of it. Put basil & any other italian herbs you like then top with half of the cheese... Next put the whole bag of croutons & then top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes... Just make sure the chicken is done. It seriously is amazing.. Takes about 10 minutes to put together & we love it... It's great for left overs too... J loves taking it to work the next day! I've even cooked the chicken ahead of time & the just layered it & cooked it for about 15 minutes. Whichever you prefer. But just make it as soon as you can because it's so yummy!

Until next time
-Mrs. K Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment